In morning's light, I did another mockup of the green and the stripes, and was pretty sure that the stripes were best (even before I got positive reinforcement from readers). Sophie even picked the stripes. She's not to be trusted alone though as she is only two. My husband jokes that when I get this quilt completed, Sophie will be begging for Star Wars bedding just like her brothers do!
So, I had a half yard of this stripe material. I knew I needed more if I went the stripe route. It's actually a bit hard to find, although I do have another yard of it on order right now from equilter. I may use if on the binding and other room accents.
This closeup shows the glorious sheen of the material. It is truly lovely. And girly! I am waffling on using the paper-pieced bows at the cornerstones though. I don't like the rose material that the bows are done in with the stripes (plus they are just a PIA to make). I'm weighing some other ideas while I complete the last 3-4 of these dress blocks, and await the Lakehouse fabric to arrive. Maybe they need to be done in different material, or maybe they ought to just be ivory (easy) squares! Don't know yet. Oh, and there is a border still to design :-)...this is just what is on the top of the bed!