And then a few days ago I pulled out some scrap sheet I had and took to the longarm with what I thought I had practiced adequately on paper. In actuality, there is no "adequate" amount of practice time. These are hard, and if the thread is any color besides clear or an exact match to the fabric, then they don't look fantastic. You all know me, I expect immediate results. I hate to practice to achieve perfection!!
I was pretty pleased with how my fabric debut turned out. I started with straight feathers. Then I added a gently curve to the sping. Then I did the more twirling ones, which I discovered right off should be done on no less than 6-7" borders or larger. My 5" border shown above is WAY too narrow. I like my attempts at the circular wreaths and the fillers. I can see using these many places.
Such as here...
Some may call me crazy for quilting something on a quilt that I just learned, but hey, that is me. The border turned out pretty good.
I am planning still what to do on my quilt, which I hope to quilt on in early January. I am still contemplating doing a Quilt Whisperer class offered thru MQResource in January. If I knew I'd gain only the insight to how to quilt this, it would be worth it to me!