The "Other" quilt... Where do you suppose this stack of 3"x6" straggly squares should go?? This is my 960 square point of insanity on this quilt. These were partially strip-pieced, but I wanted more randomness, so I only strip-pieced sections of 2, not 3 or 4. It might have taken much less time the other way. I need to trim each one sometime when I feel like making a big mess.
These fabrics and my design are quickly growing on me. I liked them and the idea of making a quilt like this from the beginning, but let's face it, I am not a brown girl. I prefer the brights and moderns, and these are well, anything but. I love getting to see how a quilt I designed in EQ7 can actually be sewn to look identically like the design. That is pleasing! Clearly there are a few small rows missing in the below picture (rows that "shim up" the quilt so as to add rows of an easier to work with dimension. Is it starting to look like a marble dance floor?? Wanna dance?
I have a quilt of my own. OK, I made about half of the blocks and the rest came from the Row Robin Swap last year. Some were used to make a few runners at Christmas last year. Here's the remaining 20 blocks. I'm not crazy about some, and in all honesty, I half-thought this quilt might go to my Etsy shop. That is until I realized I needed to take a quilt to the HQ Retreat in less than 3 weeks, and that my Primavera would be off at a show and otherwise engaged elsewhere. Drat! So, I am custom quilting this sampler, in a typically overkill fashion. I tell you, I am my absolute worst customer. I am picky. I am meticulous. I am too careful. This darn quilt, at a mere 55"x65" may well take me all week! And to make matters worse, I may run out of the pea-green (AKA SoFine #513) thread before I finish, and before the new cone arrives next week. UGH - always something. Anywho, here's just a teaser peak. I'll show more in a week or so. I am clearly playing with a not-so-boring treatment for the sashings.