Clearly this week has gotten the best of me. I have missed my weekly Tuesday post by 3 days, but that was partly because there was nothing but frustration to blog about. I have had fussing Thermo students and too much homework to grade! I had kid's afterschool events 2 days this week, and met with a builder for nearly 2 hours yesterday (we are remodeling the downstairs). I went to add the swag border on my grape applique quilt, to find that the corner blocks did not align very well. I then went to my EQ7 file to check if I used the right pattern, and the damn thing was an empty file! I just about croaked. OK, not really. I sputtered a TON of foul mouthed words, and threw the quilt into a heap on the table. And there it sat for several days. I since located a paper version of the swag pattern and am currently reworking the pattern so that I hand applique all the swags after the background is readded. Oh, and of course I discovered that I used the wrong fabrics on the inner border and it had to be redone, and naturally I did not have any left of one color, so more was ordered. Blah, blah, blah!... So today before I got a long-winded call from my son's school, I made one of the 16 backgrounds for the swags. Maybe I can get a few more done later-
I spent most of this week knocking off customer quilts. I am trying to clear a good chunk of my backlog before I take off for the HQ retreat in a week. Upon my return, I have a large custom quilt that must be quilted for the Folsom Quilt and Fiber Guild. It will be their raffle quilt.
The only thing I can really say I did is put the binding on this quilt. I chose a fun stripe, with hints of metallic. Now I need more TV stitching...
Here's one of the lap quilts finished for a client. It's already off enroute to Texas, probably due to arrive by Monday. It's a fun pattern I have not seen done before. The fabrics are lots of lovely shades of tan & taupe. I used the Plumage pattern.
MQS in Wichita
6 hours ago