Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring? and a bargain sale

Here's my thermometer display that sits on the counter. He's more than a tad confused, standing there holding his umbrella since it is a blissfully (near-summer) day outside, at a ripe 66.5F! The kids just got off of the bus all in hats and boots - pure foolishness! It's gorgeous out there. And it is mmmmmelting all of that snow. A week ago there was nearly 18" still on the yard. Now I have large masses of grass showing. It's good for my psyche. Spring just might come afterall.
Here's another sneek peek at the week's quilting. This is one corner of a wall-hanging. The appliques are ditch-quilted, but I have not yet added any definition to the leaves or flowers. I'm not convinced I am adding anything to the leaves (like veins), but the flowers will get some stitching to show petals.
Similarly, there are dimensional flowers that will be added to the ends of the embroidered stems. This is the center of the quilt. I think I like the design and all, but I have decided that white or light quilts are not my favorite. They show everything - good, bad or otherwise.
I have 2 more corners of vines & flowers to SID, and then onto the cathedral windows to do what??? yea, something. Either way, it's off by Sunday so I can be onto other things....like removing the purple bleeding!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I am offloading some things I don't use anymore. If anyone is interested please email me at msolomo1@maine.rr.com. I have Ricky Tims Grand Finale DVD (120 min) for sale, $15 plus shipping $3. It's great!
Tomorrow I will have a bunch of quilting books.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW! Your quilting is so fabulous!

I got my quilts back this week. The look AMAZING as usual. Thank you!

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about spring coming so suddenly. Last Sunday there was a good covering of snow. Less than a week later, on Thursday, I could see my tulips and daffodils peeking out a half inch or so out of the soil! Your weather clock is from my city, La Crosse, WI!