Friday, May 13, 2011

New Ribbons

This post was written a couple days ago and Booger (aka Blogger) lost it somehow. I've been unable to login for almost 2 days. On the weekend, my MQX judges comments and teacher's ribbon arrived home. The quilt went out to MQS in Kansas for a few more days. It should be back here in a week or so. When I opened the package, I was delighted to find that there were actually 2 ribbons inside! Apparently I also received the Photographer's Choice at MQX. I only wish I had been there to see it hanging on the quilt.
As some of you know, MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase) is currently going on in Kansas. It is another big, international machine quilter's show that attracts as many good machine quilted quilts as does MQX. I sent my quilt out there as a longshot more or less to gain exposure, and to get more feedback from judges regarding what I need to work on and what I do well. Yesterday I learned through the MQResource grapevine (people that are there), that my quilt did in fact earn a ribbon - 2nd place to be exact! I'm over the moon about this - the news couldn't be more fantastic. Here's a picture, albeit very blurry, but one nonetheless, compliments of someone that is there at the show. It is definitely a very interesting ribbon!





2 comments:

Nan S. said...

Congratulations! I'm actually going to the show tomorrow and will be thrilled to see your work in person. Your pictures are all so beautiful!

I was there this afternoon taking a class, but didn't have a chance to go the show, so I'm headed back tomorrow. I took the Quilt Whisperer class, which was very interesting. I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you have taken that class as well.

JHNickodemus said...

Wow! What a neat show! How amazing it would be to see all of the fantastic quilting! What encouragement for improvement and how rewarding for you to get second place!!!