Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Progressing right along

I am working on this quilt...

It is a bohemoth 93" square, with I don't know how many hundred/thousand pieces. And the client (of course!) wants a custom. It's largely paper pieced, and is really well done. It lays flat, is mostly square, etc...all the things a longarmer would want to see. I just wish it was July and not 12 days before Christmas. I have SO many other things I need to be doing too.
I am using a gold Glide thread for much of the quilt. So far, I have somewhere near 18 hours invested, and I have gone through the entire quilt top to bottom, doing the gold stitching. There will also be black which I have started, but only on the center portion of the quilt, called the Costa Rican Cartwheel. The client loves and requested an abundance of feathers. So this is precisely what she will receive. I, personally, might do a little more curved cross-hatching or geometric stitching, but this will be pretty with feathers too. Plus they stitch reasonably fast (faster than the silly micro-filling!)

I have 2 more work days this week, so I hope to be nearly finished by the weekend. I am in need of a mental break from quilting.


Thanks for the nice "destressing" comments after my last post. I have had a couple of good days. Made 2 batches of cookies with my daughter yesterday, and watched a holiday movie with all 3 last night (while the hubby was off at a tech mtg). It's comforting when all kids can get along nicely. Makes me not fear the alone time with them quite so much!



7 comments:

Leeanne said...

Wow stunning quilting!

Trudi said...

Oh my goodness Margaret, this is stunning, and Mahhooooosive! I did a little one only 22" a bit like the centre back in the summer, wow, this is a beauty and your quilting is wonderful :)

Just Sew Sue said...

That is looking gorgeous. I bought a long arm six months ago and need to progress from pantos to ruler work and feathers.

Linda said...

It's looking so awesome!!! LOVE the gold Glide. I love that thread, anyways. LOVE the feathers!!! Make sure you charge what you are worth on that quilt!! :-)

Rhonda said...

In a word.... "WOW" the quilting is excellent!!!

Marie-José H said...

This looks so wonderful. Your quilting skills are realy amazing.

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Awesome work, it really is coming together nicely.