Thursday, April 26, 2012

MQX 2012 - Last Post - Neutral Fusion

Here goes...my last MQX post.  Believe me, I have more that I could share, but there comes a time to know when to keep one's mouth shut and just move onto something different.  One of the special exhibits this year at MQX was called Neutral Fusion.  Perhaps you remember a couple months ago when I posted some pictures of a small quilt I was working on.  Or not.

Anyways, there were about 10-12 people that participated in this exhibit.  We were given 8 fat quarters of neutral prints.  I kind of thought they were fugly.  I am not a fan whatsoever of white-on-whites, and some of the beiges were not so great either.  The quilts are all 30"x36" and constructed of alternating 9-patches and snowball blocks.  The inner border was of our choice, as was the design of the outer border, but it had to be a neutral shade.  The intent of the exhibit is to show how differently the quilting can affect the same neutral quilt.
 I was delighted to hear others groan about the task, as I felt that quilting this was harder than it should have been.  I heard grumbles that they disliked theirs too, but in the end, they all were quite different and did look good together as a group.  Have a look... (sorry, I failed to get any names)

 Gotta love this - it reads MQX Quilts 2012.  There's creativity at work.


 There were 2 that had Christmas themes.  Look closely in the border and you'll see a Santa I think.

It was a nice show, the last I will attend until the Vermont Quilt show in 2 months.  So you'll have to suffer with my own quilting until then :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought this exhibit was fascinating. I spent quite a bit of time looking over all of the different quilts. Quite a different take on each one. All lovely.

What Comes Next? said...

thanks for sharing all of the pictures and posts from the show - I for one have certainly been enjoying them!