Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baby Quilts heading home

One of my many California clients will be receiving two of her baby quilts in a couple days.  I quilted these a week or more ago.  This one is a very cute applique pattern, with all sorts of fun baby items.  It will be a quilt the recipient will use so I didn't over quilt it to make it stiff.  She will be attaching a scalloped binding.
I love to do an interesting treatment to sashings to find that it gives the entire quilt a new look.  Egg & darts are simple, requiring just a little marking and a circle template.  I kept the quilting on the appliques very basic, just outlining the basic shapes, and only quilting on the appliques when really necessary.
Two simple fillers were alternated on all 12 blocks -- swirls and loose feathers.  It's a delicate look perfect for a baby girl.
There is another baby girl expected too...and she's getting an owl quilt.  I quilted this one for a different client back in the late spring.  Fortunate for me (since this was a rush job), I didn't have to design quilting for it.  More or less, I used the same layout I did previously, minus the pebbling which I thought might make a stiffer quilt.  This one is going to be used also, whereas the first one I did was a display.
The owl and applique are very cute -- just a little simple quilting to accentuate the wings and leaves.  The rest is just outlining.
I have an absolute ton of things going on right now, and a week of school vacation is only a week away.  Guess you know who's going to be ultra productive this week, huh?!

5 comments:

Leeanne said...

Beautiful job on both, I like the sashing treatment too

Unknown said...

Very nice quilt..i like the second one with owl ..so cute ans very nice color combination.

Cosmetic Surgery India

Unknown said...

Very nice quilt. I like that owl , you have used very nice color for quilting fabric ..will try this type of quilting soon. thanks you.
Cardiac Surgery India

Unknown said...

I am looking for the pattern for the owl quilt! Is there a name for it? Yours is very cute! Thanks for your help! My email is karenbailey801@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Is there a pattern for the owl quilt?