Here's the thread I used. It has nearly every color pastel possible in it. I received this from Aurifil this last summer as a gift, along with a dozen other cones. I have been very skeptical of cottons, and essentially quit quilting with cotton thread years ago, but hearing this, Alex Veronelli of Aurifil offered to send me a "couple" samples. Many are different weights of cotton, and I really like most. This happens to be a poly thread, but it quilts like a dream.
I also spent a few days last week working on one of my own. This is small, 36"x53" and is made from Cherrywood. Can't remember if I have shown this top finished or not, but here it is again. It is free curve-pieced, and is intended to be more on the modern edge when I am done.
The background is getting something different, at least for me it is different. These leaf-like shapes will be filled before I am done, but I need that thread too. The 50wt thread I used up the sides on the hatching is too heavy and thready for my taste (it may come out and be replaced with the thinner stuff that I am getting). It has a lot of work left, but something this size could be finished in a few days. That's my theory and hope anyways.