Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Paducah

Though I don't have plans as of this point in time to attend the Paducah quilt show, as I went last year, my quilt Kaleidoscopic Calamity will be attending.  Official notifications went out yesterday.  My quilt is amongst the names of some very prominent quilters, many of whom I compete with on a regular basis.  It's truly the "who's who" of exceptional quilters.  Having been to both Paducah and Houston, I'll take this show anyday.  The caliber of most quilts is high.  One thing I felt last year was that the show lacked the depth of talent in the smaller quilts.  MANY of the large wall and bed quilts blew your mind, yet the smaller wall were  less thrilling.  My quilt is in that small wall category this year...perhaps I can bring it home with this quilt.  Either way, getting accepted is the honor.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I will look for your quilt and take photos of it for you! Mine will be there, too.

Rhonda said...

Your quilting is awarding winning in my book. Good luck!!

Michelle said...

Love the 'tour' of your quilt and the description of your creative process. I've loved the look of this quilt as you've shown bits and pieces of it on your blog and fb, great to see the whole thing. Congratulations.