This is 58" square, and is made from all silk Radiance. The silk is a little finicky to work with, but it sure does quilt beautifully. When I bought it, I found it for a steal of a deal, but they were 1/2 yd bundles. It equated to about $5 per yard, so I got one in a brown/gold/green shading and another in the blues. I wasn't really sure where the colors were going, in all honesty! Fortunately, the softer blues kind of marbled all together so I was able to use several of the shades at the middle of the quilt effectively. I chose to interface all my silk with a Pellon bi-stretch lite (which is more costly than the silk was), but it controls the shifty-ness of the silk. On the downside, though, it does thicken the joints somewhat, making pointy joints tough. Several of the blocks used to make up this quilt were paper-pieced, but when I went to connect them together, it was impossible to get 8 seams to lay down. My solution was to applique diamonds on top of the joint, and then to cut away the bulk beneath. It's great when part of the solution to fix something becomes an integral part of the design as well.
March BOM blocks and New Deco Garden Blocks
7 hours ago