I have been puttering with this quilt off and on for nearly a week. The first few days seemed to be going well, but as usually happens, last Friday, I hit a wall. I was making mistakes, quilting things I didn't like and second guessing things I had already stitched. It is currently stabilized enough to remove, which I need to do so I can get onto some client work. I may give myself another day to finish this diamond border though.
Because there is a slight difference in the length of the borders from side to side, I chose to end the triangles like this, rather than running them into the half-circle spikey things. Diamonds outlined...
In the same deep green silk thread, I have added 1/8" fill to pop the diamonds. They definitely pop, but they are too large to just leave by them selves. The interior needs some quilting.
I will leave you with a look at the center of this quilt. I am not extremely pleased with the quilting on the pink. I ripped it out once already when I discovered the thread was too dark. The particular design I chose is tricky to get good symmetry. I tried, but I see the boo boos. I really LOVE the center, but the critical skeptic in me is worrying that the center doesn't go with the rest of the quilt. SIGH!...time to move on I guess, let it sit, and let me work on something else.