Monday, September 22, 2014

Another Blue Collection

Please pardon me for not having taken the best photos.  I was rushed, as I needed to get this boxed up to ship to California.  This is the second of this pattern quilt that I have done this year.  It is a very labor-intensive job, with a proverbial TON of applique to SID.  And, yes, I SID all of it!
 Though similar, this client has chosen slightly different fabrics from the other quilt I did.  She has the most lovely teal silk.  It's a pretty shade for the odd-shaped leaves that meander up the sides of the quilt.
 This has a single layer of wool batting.  I used clear nylon for the SID, soft gold So Fine for the background fillers, and blue Glide for the borders.
 I'll keep the words to a minimum, and just let the pictures say it all.

 and a fun peek at the back of the quilt...The fabric is actually a pale blue, but is color altered with my camera apparently.
It's a lovely quilt, with some fantastic features, and colors.  Not sure that I am ready to conquer this much applique, but I am sure glad my clients are!  I am getting caught up after the summer slow-season.   If you have quilts you might like quilted before Christmas, please contact me soon!

8 comments:

Bev said...

I have quilts I'd LOVE for you to do but I have no money...in fact, negative money-lol. It seems like every quilt you do is a masterpiece. Amazing talent!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Gorgeous! You've really made this beautiful applique quilt shine. I'm sure it takes a super long time to do all of that SID but it's worth it in the end. :-)

SeeingStars said...

Such beautiful quilting and it compliments the top well. I know you're thrilled to have this one finished. Wow! What a lot of work! What type of batting do you like to use? The quilting texture on your quilts shows beautifully.

Leeanne said...

Beautiful! Such texture and detail, well done!

Grit said...

Amazing !!!

Michele said...

That is just fabulous!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a fabulous quilt, Margaret. And your quilting made it stunning also! She's going to love this even more. Now tell me, what you did between item - is that McTavishing or FMQ or are they the same. Just love it!

Ivory Spring said...

This is just gorgeous. I have always loved that quilt pattern.