Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Week for Edge-to-Edge

My daughter has been at camp this week and I have been blessed with four simple quilts that can be finished in a very respectable amount of time.  I will do no more 30+ hour customs until late August.  I feel too stressed to finish them and then too guilty for child abandonment while I quilt!

Not surprisingly, too, these are all from locals.  I only have a few locals that bring the higher end quilting projects.  Most are edge-to-edge, and perfectly suited to that also.  This one got a wavy-water type quilting in a yellow thread.  Some of the fabrics have beach scenes.

 This was made by the same client.  Love it when quilts are made with truly good quality fabrics.  Not everybody goes to this trouble and expense.  The pumpkins are cute.
We chose a more geometric pattern for the quilting so that it would show over the gridded/checked background fabric.  I also selected a deep orange thread, kind of like the darker shades in the prints so that it would show.  Hope she loves it as much as I do!
 This next client found me to help her with an urgently needed gift.  Somebody had been in the hospital recently, and a bunch of kids were called in to help with this.  Each block has messages written by the kids. Some are more or less legible, but it is still a fun idea. She needed budget and fast quilting, so it is loosely stippled. Nothing fancy, but well loved and will be ready to gift away soon.

The last E2E is a baby quilt for a little girl.  The fussy-cut squares have hedgehog scenes.  It did not read particularly girl-ish to me, so I gave it the flowers.

 Since the rest of my time has been spent puttering between this and that (mostly a whole lotta not much!), I'll leave you with some color from my garden.  Who will I see next week at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey??



No comments: