Monday, June 09, 2008

Past the Point of No Return

In the words of one of my favorite old songs... I may be past the point of no return on this mini. I was so delighted with myself that I sketched out a good adirondak chair in my Scrapbooking software, that I didn't completely think through the application of said chair. UGGH. I knew when I fused down the chair, that I didn't have much I could do if it didn't come out right. Now I need your help!

I really need better lighting. I just noticed the damn yellow pen I used for marking. Permanent of course. That I may be able to cut off. But what is bothering me is that I can see the dark brown that is supposed to be a shadow showing underneath the white of the chair. Options...1) Pull up chair completely and carefully snip brown so there isn't any under it (I still worry that the other backgrounds will show thru too), 2) hand color the chair a color with permanent fabric pens (and if so, what color??), 3) Ditch it, 4) ignore it and hope my partner is more tollerant than I am?

Help!!!

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Could you "put" a book down there to cover it. Like the person just tossed the book down and walked down to the water.... Or a sand bucket or sunglasses...

Valerie said...

Personally I think it looks awesome and wouldn't change it. The whole thing is so creative, like everything you seem to come up with, and anybody would be thrilled to receive such a cute quilt.

Shelly said...

Color it Red!

Toni said...

I like Nancy's idea, but I would use a drink glass :)

I think it is fine as well, but again I'm sure the picture doesn't show it like you see it.

I wasn't much help, sorry.

Colene said...

I think it looks great as is.

Ms. Jan said...

I looked at the enlargement and really didn't see it as a huge problem. What about stitching some wood grain lines in a blendy color on the wood?

It looks really cute to me!

Mom said...

Thanks everyone - you are great.
The drink is a fantastic idea, but it only covers a small space and I am not sure of my partner's position of "drinks". Personally, I'd have a pitcher of margaritas there, but then...
I am in the process of making a beach bag with towel to sit there. I think it will be OK, and will bring a little more color to the piece.

Anonymous said...

I like the suggestion of stitching to add some wood grains, but the beach bag and towels can hide the see through shadow. (But honesty, looks wondeful as is, I'm sure your partner will love it!!)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

This is looking great Margaret! I like the idea of a beach tote with towel to add a shot of contrasting color. The detail on the chair is amazing. Can't wait to see this finished. :-)

The Calico Cat said...

I can't see the yellow pen & I'm looking for it...

jovaliquilts said...

I think you absolutely could leave it -- but I also love the suggestions people have given for putting something else there. You have to do what will make you feel ok about the quilt, but if I were the recipient, I'd be happy with it as is.