Thursday, April 16, 2009

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

Probably this girl's best friend. I am on the fense about when she will get her dress quilt, as I am learning more about how destructive a 4 year old can be. I have whipped up a second quilt in pink and green prints, all very fun and modern. When she gets a twin bed, she will use this. After that, it can be used as a lap quilt or as a secondary blanket on her bed.
The diamonds were mildly challenging to get well matched each time (more so that squares), but I think the effect is great. I am adding a yellow border around the entire quilt of soft butter-colored Fairy Frost, and will have this machine quilted somewhere. It is made from many of the new prints I have acquired recently. It also has a dozen or so mixed color Fairy Frosts mixed in for nice textural changes.





1 comment:

Sherry said...

looks beautiful. Im so nervous now, I'm doing diamonds and about to sew my rows, and worried to match points. I hope mine looks half as lovely as yours. thx