Sunday, April 26, 2009

This is for You, Michelle

Here's the "Sherbet" flimsy, 42" x 52".
ignore the shadow on the right and the relatively crappy quality of a 6am photo...
Call me slow, if you like. But eventually, I do get to working on most of my planned projects. Remember this one? Michelle's blog has moved here, so you can let her know that her donated fabric was not sent to me in vain. I am actually going to finish this quilt!! It just glows in person, and I can hardly wait to quilt it with pink and red variagated thread (yes, later this week I hope). I did vow to myself that I'd spend much of this week outdoors working in my overgrown gardens, but Tuesday has rain in the forecast so I should get a sewing afternoon!

On other fronts...
  • My replacement 4SQS5 was finished and mailed off this week. With any luck this one will arrive (roll of eyes and persed mouth - and a curse of the postal system)
  • I have three Linus quilts that got finished off this week. That was my only rationale for actually cutting this "Sherbet" fabric, and sewing another flimsy. There is one other very scrappy flimsy in the "To be Quilted" pile, which I envision actually finishing soon.
  • With the multitude of grand suggestions on how to "fix" or "forget" my errors on my wedding gift hearts mini, I do have a plan now. large label, binding, bottle of wine (for the forgetting part). Many thanks all of you - I obviously had 10 more readers than I thought I had!!
  • Lastly, I plan to cut into the Kona solids and Kaffe Fasset's for one of these Bento Box patterns. I'm doing a bit of last minute rethinking on the size, as we have a spare queen-sized bed that just may go into my son's room (which means a bigger quilt!)








2 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Oh, it's so bright & wonderful! I love it - and I'm so happy that fabric is no longer languishing, unused, in my stash! :)

Millie said...

I love this pattern and I love what you have done with it!