Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Quilting Published in another book

Coincident with the AQS Chattanooga show, their book (below) is now published and for sale.  I was contacted in the early winter about quilting a quilt for it.  It was intended to showcase the quilting of modern-day quilters, on what are very traditional patterns.
 And, my quilt hung in the author's booth at the show (but the photo I was sent was painfully blurry so it's not posted here).  Here's my photos of it (unbound).  It's not a very big quilt, something around 32"x40" if memory serves.
 I double batted it with a scrap of wool to get nice relief.  The quilting is done with gold, red and white Glide thread.
 I added these diamonds  (the one below is sideways!) but chose to not center them.  I wanted to draw the viewer's eye towards the top of the quilt, and allow it to wanted from there to the bottom.   I just love the effect.  All but the feathers was done with templates.  You know me, I love those frames and dense fills to show them off.
 The feathers are allowed to meander in both directions...another trick to keep the eye moving.
 It's a great little quilt and I can't wait to see the others that are in the book.  My copy should be here soon!

16 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your quilt is Stunning! and the quilting.

Vicki W said...

You made a very basic and simple quilt into something really special!

Rina Mason said...

I've tried finding the book and am not having any luck. Can you tell me where to purchase it? I really don't want to miss your beautiful quilt. Thanks so much!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wonderful! I love what Glide gold thread does to so many quilts!

Tie Dye Queen said...

This is just exquisite! What you did with a plain old chain is so beautiful. At first glance I thought the triangles were part of the piecing. I love your work.

Marti M said...

Beautiful!

Karee said...

Stunning! I have not used Glide but seeing yours may be just the encouragement to venture into the world of Glide.
Congratulations, you are a marvelous quilter.

Grit said...

Fantastic !!!

Michele said...

It really is fabulous!

Grit said...

Your quilt and quilting is amazing.

Hannele said...

Stunning quilting - I'm speechless! Funnu coincident: I just finished piecing an irish chain and now I bumped into your blog post - I hope you don't mind my borrowing some of your quilting ideas :)

Hannele said...

Stunning quilting - I'm speechless! Funnu coincident: I just finished piecing an irish chain and now I bumped into your blog post - I hope you don't mind my borrowing some of your quilting ideas :)

Ivani said...

Awesome!

Urban Frills Boutique said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for sharing!

KaHolly said...

Wow! You've certainly raised the bar!