After the "flood" was dealt with last week, I got to work on this 104" gigantic batik quilt. It belongs to a guild from NC, and they will be selling tickets in the coming year to raffle it off. It is so large, though, that I found it a challenge to get a full photo taken in my hallway, but hopefully you get the idea. There is a center lone star, and then 9 or 10 borders.
It was a "budget" job...no total free reign to quilt as desired, but none the less I was able to give it some custom treatments to enhance the nice piecing. It has a wool batting, and it is quilted with 40wt Glide and YLI polished poly threads. I am not sure if the thread color is entirely visible, but I used a medium pink like the sashing on some of it, as well as a soft aqua.
This photo shows the outermost borders...rather than using very traditional/Victorian styled feathers on this, I did a couple of borders with a fernier style of fill. This always seems to work well on batiks. Plus, it is a faster motif to quilt when time is truly of the essence.