Monday, April 20, 2009

Last set of Favorite Quilts for the Online Quilt Festival

Rather than post pictures, I am posting links to back postings I have made. These are mostly mini's that I have either made or were made for me in a swap. Either way, they are spectacular little quilts with a great attention to detail, and are worth your second look! I'd love to have these quilts back again!!

This quilt was made as a part of the Spring Fling Round Robin 2. It lives in my daughter's bedroom. It's fantastic!! Lil's applique is just gorgeous, as are the bright, girly colors.

Maine in the summer is a wonderful place. Nothing evokes the feelings of the Maine summer to me like these mini's. I made one of them as a part of a Four Seasons Quilt Swap for someone, but then when I was not sure I could part with it, I made a companion piece. These were my first experiences with raw-edge applique, and the details it allows. Here are some details of the one that was given away...

Made for Emma, this is one of my favorite artys quilts. It combines paper piecing, applique, detailed machine quilting, beading and a sweet Christmassy theme that all people should "Believe".

This piece is now in Marlene's house. Made as a part of the Miniature Booty quilt swap, it was hand appliqued and hand quilted. I'd love to have kept this one!

Go visit all the sites!!

1 comment:

stitchinpenny said...

Love your Christmas quilt.