This is what I colored (marked into 9 sections just for easier construction than long rows), and the greens and pinks pulled from the box. My son did not really understand the process until I showed him the finished quilt top a couple days later.
The finished quilt puckered up quite a lot when it was washed. It's almost hard to even see the quilting in the pictures. I did a vining-leaf pattern diagonally down each row.
The binding is cut on bias to better show off the pink and green plaid fabric I chose. I'm getting hooked on bias bindings, but really don't like the large triangles left in my fabric! In the bright morning sunshine...
The quilt is 40"x54" - a good size for a tween or older child (age 7-11). The backing is an Asian fan fabric that was bequeathed to me after a Linus function last year. It's not my taste, but who gives up 2-3 yards of good quality material? I knew it'd get used eventually. It coordinates well, and is even placed squarely (as I roll my eyes in utter surprise!).
VERY puckery and soft. This is quilt #32 for 2009 to be donated to Project Linus. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.
Have a good weekend
So what else is brewing???
- I'm finishing up a wedding present which I'll show next week. It was unscheduled, and had to be done this week since the wedding is next week, so as a result, this threw my entire sewing plans askew.
- I got back my Diamonds quilt from a very modestly priced machine quilter, and I am fixing things on it (yes, the adage "You get what you pay for" does hold true). But, thanks Lisa anyways, she did a fine job for this particular quilt!!
- I'm making my last 2 birthday block swap blocks. One is for the hostess Kate, so I'm frantically trying to plan something appropriately designed.
- Gearing up to quilt my Spring Fling Round Robin piece, as it is currently enroute to me.
- I finished the flimsy for my ALQS3 art quilt. It'll get quilted in a week or so. I like it, and you will too if you like Orca.
- Just finished my row for the Row Robin - post this soon
- Did my 5"x4" addition for the yahoo bloggers round robin. It's mailed already-
- And, if that is not enough, I am thinking seriously about starting a birthday smocked dress for Sophie, if I can possibly find the time :-)
Have a good weekend