Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween is coming

Yes, Halloween is right around the corner, and so is my very timely departure to Houston!  This is a crazy week for me with numerous things I hope to get done, and then there are 1-1/2 days with kids not in school and 3 conferences to attend.  I probably should just cut my To-Do list in half before I start it.  So, rather than thinking I might blog later in the week, here is a Halloween quilt I did early in September.  The client wanted light stitching so that the quilt remains soft and cuddly.

 It is stitched in Glide -- a few colors.  The candy-corns (which are really one of the more gross candies) were her favorites.
 I got her consent to add a spider to the quilt.  I think she was hesitant, but did give me the go ahead.  I honestly loathe these creatures, but a lime-green spider hanging from a web seemed OK for a Halloween quilt.
 When the fabrics on the front are so heavily printed, it gets hard to select quilting motifs that really show.    There's bats and webs, and checks...much print!  Here's a peek from the backside.
 I like to quilt pieces like this because they quilt up relatively quickly, and allow me to just go from one row to the next being creative.  This is all freehanded, with a little ruler-work thrown in.
Have a good candy-holiday (and wish me good ontime airline thoughts as I try to be home by 3pm on Halloween!!)

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh man, I love candy corn! Fortunately (for my general health) I'm allergic to 2 of the ingredients! This is a really cute quilt. I know that Anne has shipped her quilt to you. I hope to see lots mof pics of it while yo are working on it! Have fun in Houston!

Vicki W said...

Oh man, I love candy corn! Fortunately (for my general health) I'm allergic to 2 of the ingredients! This is a really cute quilt. I know that Anne has shipped her quilt to you. I hope to see lots mof pics of it while yo are working on it! Have fun in Houston!

Jan Hutchison said...

The green spider is perfect!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

What a fun Halloween quilt. Love the spider. Hope your trip to Houston is fun and hassle free.

Unknown said...

I have seen many quits but these are exceptional.

Happy Halloween 2015 Wishes, Quotes