Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Missed my Chance...

...to be a real Pioneer Woman. And to make a real Thanksgiving dinner. If only... If only I'd had a shotgun this morning...

We have followed these turkeys over the last 5-6 months. In about May, they began appearing in the early morning hours, walking right through our yard. Now, we live in a subdivision, not out in the wooded country. It's quite a sight to see a turkey family of 15-20 (5 adults, rest little birds) walking down the sidewalk!

Now they are obviously all grown, and it is an even bigger sight to see the flock of large adult birds within 10 feet of my study window, oblivious to the fact that many of us will be eating their kin next week for dinner. They are just lucky it is November, not May (open season for Turkey!).

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Awww Man.....sorry you missed your chance at getting the turkeys.

I have one of those things on my wall! Actually it is just the feathers (I don't know how to describe it), not the whole thing. My hubby is a big-time hunter, fisherman!