Monday, March 30, 2009

What I am doing...

...piecing more of the donation blocks from the SFRR3. These are just sashed together (machine quilting to be done in coming weeks). They are a nice boy quilt in blues, greens and red/orange accents. I added a two blocks with the John Deere fabric to round out the set. Sorry for the lack of clarity :-(
...adding scalloped binding to Sophie's quilt, despite swearing I'd never do this again. I actually had a much better experience this time. I practiced on a sample, and learned a great tip. Hand stitching to the back is taking a while, but is yielding great results. Wish I knew then (Dec 08) what I know now...
...trying to make a respectable bird (HA!). Actually, I am working on my row of a row robin I am doing. Here is the row I am adding onto. It's blue and yellow batiks, and she wants a design that is light, airy and possibly with movement. I designed a curved design with flying geese, ocean-ish below (with yellow fish) and white background above (her request) with a bird in the air. I am so disgusted with my birds (OK, this is try 2 at a decent PP bird). I got so frustrated that I decided to color this one with a sharpie! It's so hard to match the seams up - it is only about 3.5" square. I am currently back brainstorming my design and awaiting the arrival of some pale turquoise fabric I ordered last week before I sew further.
...and lastly, I bit the bullet. Got off the fense, so to speak. Sent in my application for the Maine State Quilt Show that is this summer. Part of me thinks I must be totally nuts, the other part knows that I am. I am entering Sophie's quilt in the judged division. I decided after watching the slideshow of the quilts from last year that I could handle this!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Don't be too self-critical about your bird! Good luck with entering the show; I'm hopign to enter our state guild show this year fro the first time - if I can find the time to work on a project for it!