Friday, October 02, 2009

Current Sewings

Last weekend, I satisfied my itch to try a whole cloth machine quilted piece. It is a 14" pillow/quillow. The lighting in my house has made taking a good picture really hard. It is a softly patterned peachy fabric. I wanted to try my hand at feathers, both the wreath variety and the ones done in corners. All I marked were the hearts and the spines for the corner feathers.
You can probably see more by double clicking. I think it turned out pretty well, although my "Mc Margareting" needs practice still.

The backing is a striped and coordinating fabric. I actually have a 2nd one of these started too, but have fallen short of doung the finishing. My momly Halloween duties must be satisfied first (ie., 2nd son needs costume made this weekend, before my Long Arm arrives at the end of this coming week...It is shipping TODAY!!!)
In preparation for having my LA, I have been on a frenzy of making tops. Here's yet another one, made from the 9-patches of the 3x3 swap I did this summer. It may be a charity quilt, or I may try to sell it depending on how the quilting comes out. It's pretty fun so far I think, despite my indifference about some of the blocks I received. That really needs qualifying - individually, I don't love all of my blocks, but together, they seem to have a different liveliness.
Have a greet weekend.
BTW...Have you checked out this? Wondering about quilt labels?...perhaps this is your solution







2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Lovely projects, but I'm absolutely in love with your heart. Great design, quilting, colors & fabric. Truly delightful.

Inspirational.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Emma said...

Beautiful wholecloth work! You should be very proud. I'd love to know what that stripe fabric is?