Friday, May 16, 2008

Weekly Progress

I know if there are any of you out there who were watching the progress of this quilt of mine, you probably fell asleep from the boredom of waiting for me to actually work on it! I started IT last fall. I did a little more on the blocks initially, but quickly discovered that the star blocks I loved so much, really took a very long time to make...close to 4 hours each. After the holidays, I did a bit more. That is about where I quilt blogging about it. I had it designed, and somehow lost the plans and measurements when I cleaned off my desk. So typical for me. If the desk were a heap of a mess, I'd know right where things were. I puttered along, making something like 160 of these half-square triangles (see picture below), just to add more of the colorful fabrics into the quilt. I also designed in the saw-tooth star points to add off of the center block. That took FOREVER! I endeavored that this week would be when I'd get the top of the quilt into a single piece. Here it is Friday afternoon, and an hour ago I decided it was time to stop rummaging in blue scraps and complete my week's goal...

Without further ado, here's my quilt of 1000 triangles...



The flash mutes the colors a bit, but they are soft greens, aquas, and shades similar.

The border that will most obviously miter onto this will be in large part be the background color, but it will have tone-on-tone beige starts within in, and a touch of the blue and green too somehow (as I make a funny, as though in thought, face!).

As for other weekly doings...
My Miniature Booty Swap quilt was mailed to ABC quilter on Tuesday. She ought to be getting it today or tomorrow I hope. I hope Lucky enjoys his new home.

I have also put the binding on my son's teacher's Class Quilt. It has just a touch of finish quilting still to do. I'll post it this weekend.

Four Seasons Summer Swap is about to close due to numbers reaching 100+. I'd have closed it already, but I've been lazy!

And many thanks to those of you that have been so kind as to want to raid your blue scraps for me. I do appreciate the favor!

11 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Wow!!!
A thousand triangles, eh? I'm impressed!

Lisa D. said...

The quilt you've designed is absolutely incredible! An award winner for sure, I'd say!

floribunda said...

holy cow! your quilt is totally gorgeous!

Sherry said...

That quilt is gorgeous!!

Sherry said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!

Erin said...

your quilt is just gorgeous! I love it! I agree an award winner for sure!!!

Erin
www.godoodlesnquilt.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The quilt is wonderful. I love the shape, the colors, the many, many triangles,... And I am very impressed at all the set-in sewing! Very well done. Take care.

Tanaya said...

Oh Margaret, this is absolutely beautiful!!

Rose Marie said...

It's gorgeous .... looking forward to seeing how you finish it!

Ginger said...

Wow... that is a beautiful quilt!

Emma said...

What a beautiful quilt! I hope you find the motivation you need; you know it won't be half as bad once you start!