Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Round Robin Sneak Peek

My round robin quilt flimsy arrived yesterday from Kathy. Here's the before...
It's a very bright, cheerfully happy piece done from batiks. It's done with raw edge applique, which I have never done. Before I actually saw it, I thought I'd hand quilt it since that's what I usually do. But holding it in my hand I knew it needed to be machined. I don't profess to be fantastic at machine quilting, but I don't think I have killed this quilt either!! Much of it is quilted in a monofilament so as not to show quite so much.

My light is not the best here, but you get the idea. The back reminds me of an asteroid field in color! Fun...
Once it is bound (in fuscia), I'll post the finished pic over here. It's going to be mailed to Julie or Jan or Kate ...or one of the other 23 people in the swap!! Gotta wait and see :-)

2 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

Looks great! You have nothing to be ashamed of with the machine quilting. I'm still debating what to do with mine.

jovaliquilts said...

Looks great! I am totally in love with the round robins everyone has been posting -- seems scary, though, to pick up where someone else left off.