Thursday, May 15, 2008

Where my blocks have gone...

I thought I might show how two of the blocks I worked on for the Spring Fling Round Robin have evolved with the quilty greatness of two other partners...

This was my first; I did the dragonfly center. The middle border is by Carol, and Valerie did the outer border. It is all so cohesive and whimsical; I love it.
Here's another...
Here, Carol (same Carol as above actually) did the inner turquiose, Santa Fe-ish block. I did the middle border (blogged here), and Jane did the outer border. I love Jane's choice of large scale prints and corner square diamonds to carry the wild style throughout. Although this style is not for everyone, I do personally like how it all turned out.
I encourage you to come view the wonderful quilts as they enter their final stage of developement. All are at their final quilter being sandwiched & quilted & bound to send to the final recipient. One is completed, but many will post here soon. This is a phenomenal group of quilters here. The piecing and applique work is extremely good. Plus they are each challenged to create a piece that the stage was set for by a previous person - means they have to be very good at thinking outside the box (and outside of "their" comfort box). I will likely host another of these this summer -

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Both of those quilts are amazing! It's so incredible to me that when you start, you have no idea how someone else will finish 'your' quilt, but in the end they look like they were meant to be. Those are really stunning.

Anonymous said...

The dragonfly one is amazing! WOW!