Monday, October 26, 2009

An Early Christmas Quilting Extravaganza!

Greetings Quilters!! This post is designed mostly for those quilters that love to make quilt tops, but don't love or have the ability to quilt them. As a special for the months of November and December, I invite you to send me your quilt tops, and let me quilt them for you. This is a great way for you to complete some projects, and possibly have some fantastic Christmas presents too. Plus, I am offering a wonderfully low price per quilt since I am eager to "kick start" my longarm quilting business.

Here's what you can expect from me...
  • a creative, all-over quilting design that compliments the quilt top
  • It may have some detail quilting, but I am not promising more than a pantograph-style quilting. Some of the styles that I quilt proficiently include a peacock loop pattern, general meandering, loops & hearts, vining leaves with flowers & curling tendrils, swirling pattern, ripply water, and more, etc. My repetoire of quilting expands daily, so if you have an idea, just ask.
  • a coordinating thread choice, with top and bottom threads being the same color
  • I can supply batting if desired. I use Hobbs Heirloom 80cotton/20poly. My prices are: $5 for baby quilt (to 40"x40"), $7 for a lap quilt (to 60"x60"), $11 for a twin quilt (to 65"x85"), $14 for a queen quilt (to 90"x95"), and $20 for a king (to 108"x108").
  • I am finishing quilts daily, but my website http://www.mainelyquiltsoflove.com/ has detailed pictures of some of my quilts completed to date. By week's end, I should have three more shown there.
  • My quilting is neat and expressive. I assure your finished quilt will reflect my personal sense of carefulness. You will not be disappointed.

I can quilt 4-5 per week. I will take these on a first come-first served basis. If you are interested, please email me as soon as possible to reserve your spot, and I will send you the mailing information you will need. My email is msolomo1@maine.rr.com Also let me know if this must be sent back to you by December 1 because it is a present for someone.

Here's my asking prices for quilting for my business launching special for the next 2 months...

  • baby quilt (to 40"x40") $15
  • lap quilt (to 60"x60") $20
  • twin quilt (to 65"x85") $28
  • full/queen (to 90"x95") $35
  • king (to 108"x108") $48

These prices include the quilting only. Batting is additional unless you provide it. I ask $4 per quilt for thread & needle (I change for every quilt), which is very reasonable. Similarly, the quilt will be returned to you at your shipping cost. I will use the USPS. I will take a personal check, cashier's check or Paypal. Please note that I will charge an additional 3.5% if you choose Paypal to cover their fees.

If you send more than one quilt, I will take 10% off of the lower cost quilt. I'm asking that anybody that reads this kindly post something about it on their blog. Word of mouth is so paramount to getting a business off the ground.

Regarding the backing & batting (if you decide to send it)...They must be 5-6" larger than the top (which also shall be square). In other words, if your top is 60"x60", the backing and batting must be about 66"x66". I will return this excess to you if you want. I often use this for bindings on my quilts.

Have a great week, happy quilting & I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Please feel free to copy the button on my sidebar and add it to your blogs. Please link to this post directly.

Margaret

7 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

My goodness your prices are so low! Why don't you put up a button that we can add to our blogs? Believe me, I don't want to lose your site.

~Michelle~ said...

OK, I emailed & blogged :)
http://www.haveyoumetus.net/michelle/blog/?p=1260

calicodaisy said...

I'd like a spot. Michelle (comment above me) sent me your way. I'll check out the link you posted for more information. My quilt is smaller than a queen but big and square. -- michele c

Beth said...

Margaret, I emailed too after I saw Michelle's posting. So excited for you and your new endeavor!

Kathy said...

Wow, what an awesome deal you have here as you begin your exciting business! I'd like to take you up on this offer. I'll have to get in gear and pick something appropriate. I don't think it needs to be a gift, so I won't be on a time crunch.

Melissa in NJ said...

You've been nominated for a blog award by me. :)

http://thewiredquilter.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Melissa, The Wired Quilter

vicki said...

Hi, would like to know if your still running your special? Do you have room for one more? Your work is very nice.