Monday, November 22, 2010

A Bordered Panto

This is a client quilt from a few weeks ago. We'd hoped to do a custom quilting, but when I realized that the backing was busy, the client and I decided upon a simpler style (rather than have lots of busy ivory threads on the red backing). The body of the quilt is a panto, and I did a meandering feathered border in the ivory. This was a nice compromise since the quilting on the lighter areas shows so much more than that on the pieced body.

My week will probably not be overly productive considering the kids only have 1 more day of school, and we have committments Thursday and Sunday. I'll have to prep plenty of hand stitching to do so I can bring it with me. Have a fun one!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks beautiful! Love love your feathers! Good choice on the panto.

Emma said...

Beautiful as ever! You know, your quilting never surprises me any more - I just expect excellence from you now! So I have to remind myself to still comment; does that make sense? I love looking at your quilting.

Ruthie said...

What a great choice for quilting!