Yesterday, since the big green monster is of the longarm, and I was awaiting the arrival of 3 new quilts to quilt, I took the day to play with something new. I know, what on earth am I thinking, another project???! Yea, I hear ya, but who cares. I have been thinking about solids for a while and wanted to play. The color of the picture is horrible - the background is somewhere between celery and light taupe. There are several other tones of this background color that will be in the quilt, making it look better. These fabrics are from Moda's discontinued crossweaves collection.
My blocks are just under 9" finished, and were a bit finicky to make. That's mostly my doing, being the anal retentive quilter when it comes to points. Now, I have been a quilter and a piecer for a very long time. I have made more than a hundred quilts, and I know quite a bit about how to piece accurately. Or so I thought I did. This project as taught this old dog a new trick though.
Now, onto figuring out the rest of the quilt. This is, afterall, supposed to be a "simple" quilt. We all know, though, that I don't really know how to do simple :-)