Monday, May 18, 2009

Up to No Good

OK, not so much "No good", just not overly prolific sewing going on here. Last week I sent off some of my birthday block swap blocks. This one went to Debbie - she wanted a depiction of our favorite vacation place. Duh...France.
Here's a 12" NYB for Michelle in what have to be some immensely bold batiks. Honest, it is square and not as wonky as the picture looks.
And a birdhouse for another swapper (Connie). Obviously, birds are not my thing. Or I should say, sewing birds isn't. We've actually been spending a lot of energy lately watching dueling hummingbirds outside my kitchen window.
And for my version of the Four Seasons swap this summer, we are making sets of 20 of these "Colorblocks". I have actually made up close to 40 of them now. Just trying to get things off my list of To-Do's.Someone special's birthday is soon to pass and I have not made a gift. I envisioned this as a summer table piece, perhaps with a flag and slice of watermellon, etc appliqued onto it. In the end, I pieced it and I'm not sure how much it actually resembles a watermellon. I am toying with embroidering the seeds in black, but making them resemble ants. Perhaps this is nuts. I hope ot quilt it this week once that plan is finalized.
I also made my next part of a ALQS3 quilt this weekend, but I won't show it just yet. I still have this sinking feeling I may change my mind and keep this one. Sigh... OH how I love to create work for myself.
This week's sewing agenda includes...
~make double hanging sleeve for Little Dresses quilt. Needs this before it can be submitted for Maine Quilt show in July. It'll give me some evening hand work to do.
~Maybe make last couple June birthday blocks - something with texture and a purses-shoes block (that should be a hoot!)
~I have a round robin and a row robin expected to arrive any day. I have plans for both so these should only take a few days. Just need to see them in my hands to match fabrics.
~Find a design for an appliqued Orca. You'll have to stay tuned for what this is for!




4 comments:

Kate North said...

personally, i think it does look like a watermelon. I saw the photo in my blogreader before I read the text and my immediate thought was, that quilt looks like a slice of watermelon. honest!

Lily Mulholland said...

Hi Margaret, you may have missed it, but you the giveaway on my blog. Please email me your postal address so I can send the prize your way. You'll laugh at the irony when you receive it!

Emma said...

I came in to say exactly what Kate said! It definitely looks like a watermelon!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

My goodness you have been one busy lady! I so enjoyed reading your blog! Next to you, I was a 'slug' when my kids were small~ still am sometimes! lol I'm glad Jane pointed me to the Colorblock Swap (even though I tease her for being such a bad influence!) ;-)