Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Christmas Lights, and more Lights

I have been sent a total of four of Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights quilts for longarm quilting (good word of mouth ladies!!). Last month, I did this one for Lisa, and here are a couple more recently finished and returned to their owners. I have to admit, this is not my favorite pattern, probably because I am not a big "gold" person, but I do love how the color variations make each one different.
The first one is currently being bound by Bonnie in Texas. She basically wanted her's similar to the first one that was done. Fun feathering in the triangles and a swirling outer border. The thread is different, but essentially, they are very similar.
The next one I did for Eleanor (who may be blogless, I don't really know!). Her's has a twist. Instead of red, she used a pinker print and I think it is a Kaffe Fasset print too. It's a wild combination of more modern and old fashioned prints. She also chose to rotate every other block so that the red/pink blocks are not all the same orientation. Very interesting! She preferred an allover pattern rather than a special border, so here's what I did...
I used a sage green thread. There is an ocean of swirls in the borders. It really has a nice texture for a quilt. And then there are the feathered triangles. I need to get creative and try something else in setting triangles soon - expand my skills :-)
If you know of anyone else that did this mystery quilt and still needs it quilted, please send them my way. I'd love to quilt it for them!

5 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Nice colors in the quilts and a good job on the quilting.

Myra said...

Lovely quilting you do! Very nice! Wow! 8-)
You must be a very busy lady with 3 little ones around... 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Vicki W said...

Nice quilting!

bingo~bonnie said...

I'll have to mention that over on my blog and give another link to yours...

I love my feathers in mine - but I'm sure that you will come up with other creative designs to do in the triangle areas ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Ivory Spring said...

What a beautiful quilt.

http://www.ivoryspring.wordpress.com