Thursday, March 27, 2008

Meet Lucky

Here's Lucky. He's a turtle and he is just dying to be made into a quilt.

Actually, I began by first making some "ocean" from my many blue choices of fabric. My blue stash is enormous because I made this a couple years ago. It was only after the ocean was created that I dreamed up that a turtle would look cute there, so I sat down with my pencil & paper and sketched Lucky. This will likely be a swap quilt. Ocean creatures are sort of personal. Some people like tropical fish, others like dolphins or sea horses. I don't particularly love any all that much, but I thought that the turtle might have wider appeal. He's going to be a purple turtle too...rather whimsical.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a turtle is a great idea!! I think a red slider turtle, waterlilies and dragonflies would look great too on a quilt!!!(I'm partial-we have ponds)