Sunday, October 19, 2008

New goodies to sew with

I have actually been very busy sewing this weekend on a couple of secret projects that I cannot post about just yet. I am trying my hand for the first time at making a quilted bag. It is a hair tedious, and even more so because I am attempting to write a tutorial to document what I am doing. One bag is done, and another is in the works. I also have done a holiday wall hanging in the most fashionable of fabrics. This one I can hardly wait to show. The flimsy is ready to quilt and bind this week.

Until there is really something to post about, I will leave you with this dilectable assortment of luscious fabrics that I have collected over the last year. I am in the planning stages of my 2 year old daughter's quilt, when she gets a real bed next year sometime (or even the following year). I expect that this quilt may take me some time, so I've planned ahead. These all went to the washer yesterday. I am officially ready to start!
And here is the remainder of the free stuff I got last weekend after turning in my 21 Project Linus quilts. I think that the reds and purples were in the washer when I photographed the rest!
Cheers and have a great week :-)

No comments: