Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rev 1 Done

Duties call. I have taken my quilt off the frame so I can quilt 4 quilts that are due in 3-4 weeks. I spent 12 days playing mostly freehand-fun with this one. It was liberating while mind-boggling all at the same time. My mind thinks in orderly and symmetrically. I love using templates because they generate perfect lines and equal spacings. This was challenging from that perspective. I know I have several things left unfinished on this, but it was done enough that I could safely remove it and finish them later.
I'm trying to use my WonderFil gift certificate to get some heavier and shinier thread to use to accentuate the swirls and other features. Go figure, they can give away gift certificates, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use them at their online store! I shall call Monday...

This weekend we have a small mudroom to lay ceramic tile in. It's a doable project, hopefully. My right arm has nasty carpal tunnel and numbness in 3 fingers from all of the painting that has been done recently too. Oh the joys of a failing body... We are delighted that our house is coming back to normal. I put away most of the dishes. The table & chairs are once again out of the living room (as the dining room had been a holding zone for everything else. The new rug is down in the new and enlarged living room. All this room lacks is the baseboard heater to be completely finished. Plumber is returning when the kitchen's granite counters are here (abt 1-1.5 weeks). So close...I need to call to get the new dining room furniture delivered now that there is a real room for it. It almose seems surreal that we are only a couple days from being contractor and noise free, and living in a gorgeous new space. Oh, and there's that one issue of the basement. Sigh...I must clean it sometime, and reorganize the stuff, unpack my fabrics, sweep the woodchips, etc. It became usable 2 weeks ago, but I knew better than to clean it until the entire renovation was done.



11 comments:

Emma said...

Stunning, of course! I wish this were my own work!

Cathy said...

LOVE the quilt and quilting! Your work is absolutely stunning. I get so many ideas from it!

Rhonda said...

Outstanding!!!!

Lynette said...

You must be thrilled that the house is finally coming back together!! I bet you feel so much better than a couple weeks ago. And your seaglass quilt is breathtaking.

Karen S said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way your quilting makes the colorful fabric pop!

Jenny said...

I could just stare at your quilting all day! So much detail...LOVE IT!!

Rebecca said...

As always .... Beautiful!!

Karen said...

I have been watching the quilting develop with absolute fascination. Your work is beautiful. Wonderful work and design.

Vivian said...

I happened upon your blog from a comment you left on Ivory Spring's blog. Wow! Your quilting is fabulous. I have only been quilting using my domestic machine about two years now. I've bookmarked your blog so I can use it for ideas as I begin learning some more difficult techniques. Just beautiful.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love this quilt!

SeeingStars said...

Your sea glass quilt is amazing! I would love to see it in person some day ... perhaps at a quilt show. There's so much creativity in this quilting! Thanks for sharing to inspire all of us.
Our house was heavily damaged by those spring tornadoes so we're undergoing a huge house repair/renovation. I'm looking forward to a new quilting studio/sun room (converted from the screened in porch) when we move back into our home. The contractor has started tiling floors here.