Monday, June 27, 2011

Show Quilt Peek

The Maine Quilt Show is only a month away. While I am readying my 2nd quilt for this show, I thought I'd show a sneek peak of another quilt I have done this spring for a customer that will be at the show. It's a lovely hand-applique wall-hanging, and I expect it will score well with the judges. Her applique is seriously gorgeous.
Next time you are working on a quilt that needs an all-over background filler, consider ditching the old standby micro-stippling for something else. I have done my version of the McTavishing here. Petite feathers fill the 1" triangles, and half inch stripes drop down from the mini-swags on the border. I'll post a full set of pictures in a month.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous! I love ALL the quilting you did! Looks like this quilt will have some ribbons! Great suggestion about the background fill. Did you use the same color thread in all the areas?

Teresa Silva said...

You are one talented lady. Your quilting is gorgeous. Thanks for the tips...I'm new to long arm quilting so I love to see what other people do.

Elaine said...

I do love your quilting. It does make the applique stand out.