Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sooo Ridiculously Small

Do you see the new ribbon to my collection??
Of course not, as it is the size of my index finger. My quilt came home from the Vermont Quilt Festival yesterday, with of all things, a first place ribbon. Since when is a first place, 96 points, deserving of a 4" high ribbon? It's so small it is just silly. Someone oughta protest, and question what our $25 entry fee was for. Like how much can a respectable ribbon really cost???

Enough ranting. I should just be happy that it is blue this time. I was starting to have the "always a bridesmaid" feeling. The quilt got a 2nd at MQS. And I heard through the grapevine that someone thought it had a 2nd place at VQF too. It was nice to see the blue ribbon and the kind judges comments. It makes me excited to have it go to the Maine Quilt Show next month.


I should be out reheating some leftovers for dinner, but I am lazy. Looks like my countertops will be several more days, and my builder is on vacation for a week starting Friday. No stovetop until he returns. My husband is late tonight. Seems he thought it prudent to get his finger checked out, finally. You see, he nipped the tip of it off Sunday afternoon with his table saw. I warned you all, he is not terribly handy, but he thought he could rip down a piece of our hardwood flooring to make a threshold. That he did, but the last 2 cuts came at my insistence after he chopped off a good hunk of flesh. Yum- not in the mood to make dinner now :-)


So, here's a couple scenes of my garden - the front one (since the back one got dug up prior to the renovation). It's full of color.

The Shasta's are huge this year.









3 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! Rember...size doesn't matter. :-)

Ivory Spring said...

Congrats on your win!!!

helen-mary said...

Make a blue Dresden Plate block and add the wee ribbon to the bottom of it. That should make it big enough, don't you think? Congratulations on the win, regardless of the ribbon size.